- 27.01.2017 04:15 January 27, 2017Novadrone and Lorikeets01
- "...self-sufficiency is not a new idea—communities survived for centuries before there even was a grid... December 7, 2016"...self-sufficiency is not a new idea—communities survived for centuries before there even was a grid from which to disconnect..."https://www.fastcoexist.com/3065412/fast-cities/the-future-of-neighborhoods-five-projects-that-show-how-well-live Residential life could soon be changing. […]
- 23.09.2016 23:50 September 23, 2016Monowheel test at MakerSpace & Company
- Oz gets moving on IoT stuff...
http://www.itnews.com.au/news/australia-gets-an-industry-body-for-iot... July 20, 2016Oz gets moving on IoT stuff...http://www.itnews.com.au/news/australia-gets-an-industry-body-for-iot-431057?utm_source=desktop&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share Government, tech giants, telcos on board.
- Here's a great example of something that can easily be done with a mouse and screen on a normal computer... April 23, 2016Here's a great example of something that can easily be done with a mouse and screen on a normal computer but having something chunky and tangible made fit for purpose makes for a different musical experience.https://youtu.be/9XMfKYVu_fg Crazy Synthesizer Demo […]
- 27.01.2017 04:15 January 27, 2017
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I’m finding google plus more practical for just popping in little articles and sharing interesting links so this blog will probably freeze until circumstances change. Here’s the link to the google+ page: https://plus.google.com/110965621888529701713/posts there’s a summary without pictures in the … Continue reading
I’m messing with Kinect in TouchDesigner. I promise a 2 -player version tomorrow. Just wasn’t anyone still awake to share with 🙂
The right hand’s Z location in world space controls the size of the colour patch but the x y location is tracked in screen space so it stays consistent along the z axis (otherwise it would be in real-world distance vertically and horizontally which would change in terms of screen locations.)
The left hand moves up and down to change the hue; left and right to control value; forward and back to control saturation of the colour.It also works with two people.
At the moment, the left hand u and v locations are tracked relative to the screen but it would make more sense to have them relative to each player’s torso then the colour changes would be consistent for a gesture no matter where each player is at the time.
Oobject features a gallery of Dieter Rams designs for Braun. I gather Apple product design was partly inspired by this guy.
Oobject features a gallery of Dieter Rams designs for Braun. I gather Apple product design was partly inspired by this guy. (although the link is broken at this particular moment) so here’s a video of Dieter in action…
“Announcing the 2012 Arts/Science Residency program at the National University of Singapore. Selected artists will be invited to spend 1 month living on the NUS campus, engaging with students and the local arts community as they conduct projects exploring and … Continue reading
I’m not buying the ‘thylacine’ footage at the beginning but the archival stuff is fascinating and sad. The only remotely good news is that, during an inventory of specimens, The Australian Museum found that they had several foetuses preserved in … Continue reading
Guardian article about climate change and Australia’s deeply compromised journalists… “… the editor-in-chief of the Australian, Chris Mi
Guardian article about climate change and Australia’s deeply compromised journalists… “Australia’s climate scientists expose shock-jock distortion tactics” “… the editor-in-chief of the Australian, Chris Mitchell, received the “JN Pierce award for media excellence for leading the newspaper’s coverage of climate … Continue reading